Dallas Vintage Duffel – PDF Pattern (by Swoon Patterns)
Make this vintage-inspired duffel bag, then head out for an adventure! Includes handles as well as an adjustable crossbody strap. A little piping adds a classic, authentic look and two zippered pockets keep your small items organized. Instructions are included to make your own handles and strap, or you can use webbing. Three sizes included.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- Small: 16″ x 8.5″ x 8.5″
- Medium: 20″ x 10″ x 10″
- Large: 24″ x 11.5″ x 11.5″
- 1 yard 44″ wide quilting or home decor weight exterior fabric (1 1/2 yards for Large)
- 1 1/2 yard 44″ wide quilting weight lining fabric (1 yard for Small)
- 1 2/3 yards quilting weight contrasting fabric (skip if using webbing for handles/strap)
- 6 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101) (5 yards for Small)
- 1 yard fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam Plus) (1 1/2 yards for Large)
- 1/4 yard fusible heavy stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F) (2/3 yard for Large)
- 20″ handbag zipper (16″ for Small, 24″ for Large)
- Two 9″ all-purpose zippers (7″ for Small)
- 2 yards 1 1/2″ webbing (adjustable strap) (optional)
- 4 yards 1″ webbing (handles) (optional)
- Two 1 1/2″ swivel clips and one 1 1/2″ strap slide
- Two 1″ D-rings
- 2 1/2 yards premade piping
- Coordinating thread
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
Thank you so much for visiting our shop. We believe strongly in the quality of the fabric and supplies that we offer. We have a passion for all things creative, and hope to share some of that love with you. Have fun fabric shopping and happy sewing!