Julie Ring Top Handbag – PDF Pattern (by Swoon Patterns)
Julie is a modernized blast from the past thatll take you back to the disco days. This is a large handbag that features two pleated slip pockets, one inside and one on the exterior. The instructions walk you through how to make and sew your own round handbag handles, or you can use premade wooden, bamboo or even plastic handles. The pattern includes an optional removable shoulder strap.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
Handbag: 16″ wide, 12.5″ tall, 4.5″ deep
- 1 yard 44″ wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 1 1/2 yards 44″ wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 5 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- Two 1/2″ O-rings or D-rings (optional)
- Two 1″ swivel clips (optional)
- Two 20″ lengths of 3/8″ outer diameter (1/4″ inner diameter) vinyl tubing
- Two 1″ lengths of 1/4″ outer diameter vinyl tubing
- OR two 6-7″ diameter premade round bag handles (skip the vinyl tubing)
- Coordinating thread
- Erasable marking pen
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
Thank you so much for visiting our shop.
We believe strongly in the quality of the fabric and supplies that we offer. We have a passion for all things creative, and hope to share some of that love with you. Have fun fabric shopping and happy sewing!