Maisie Bowler Handbag – PDF Pattern (by Swoon Patterns)
A modern twist on a retro design, this large handbag is the perfect fit for any Bombshell Betty. The unique handles and domed shape pay homage to bowling bags of the past. This bag can be carried by the handles in the crook of the elbow or over the shoulder with a detachable strap. A zippered pocket inside keeps the small things safe and easy to find.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
12.5″ wide, 8″ tall, 6″ deep
- 1/4 yard (or fat quarter) 44″ wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 2/3 yard 44″ wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 2/3 yard non-directional contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl
- 1 yard foam interfacing (Pellon Flexfoam FF77)
- 1/2 yard fusible heavy stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- 2 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 2 yards pre-made piping
- Two 1″ swivel clips
- Two 3/4″ D-rings
- Four 1″ rectangle rings
- 14″ all-purpose zipper (main compartment)
- 7″ all-purpose zipper (zippered pocket)
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac)
- Coordinating thread
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
Thank you so much for visiting our shop.
We believe strongly in the quality of the fabric and supplies that we offer. We have a passion for all things creative, and hope to share some of that love with you. Have fun fabric shopping and happy sewing!