Nora Doctor Bag – PDF Pattern (by Swoon Patterns)
Nora is a classic handbag inspired by doctor bag purses of the past. True to the style, this bag opens wide but does not require an expensive frame. There is one large zippered pocket in the lining. Three sizes are included in this sewing pattern (traveler size not included in the paper pattern).
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
Small Handbag: 11″ x 8.5″ x 5.5″
Large Handbag: 13.5″ x 10″ x 6″
Traveler: 17″ x 12″ x 8″
- 1/2 yard 44″ wide woven quilting weight exterior fabric (1/3 yard for Handbags)
- 2/3 yard 44″ wide quilting weight or vinyl contrasting fabric
- 2/3 yard 44″ wide quilting weight lining fabric (1 yard for Traveler)
- 3 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101) (4 yards for Traveler)
- 1 yard 20″ wide foam interfacing (Pellon FlexFoam) (or 1/2 yard Soft & Stable)
- 1/2 yard fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- Four 1″ rectangle rings (3/4″ for Small Handbag)
- One 9″ all-purpose zipper (7″ for Small Handbag)
- One small turn lock
- 1 yard 1/4″ plastic boning with cover (1.5 yards for Traveler)
- Coordinating thread
- Fabric clips (Binder Clips, Wonder Clips) (Optional)
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac) (Optional)
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
Thank you so much for visiting our shop. We believe strongly in the quality of the fabric and supplies that we offer. We have a passion for all things creative, and hope to share some of that love with you. Have fun fabric shopping and happy sewing!