Vivian Handbag & Traveler – PDF Pattern (by Swoon Patterns)
Vivian has a classic vintage style with a modern appeal. The handbag size is ideal to use daily as a large purse. The traveler can carry everything you need for your next adventure (and probably more). Two exterior slip pockets are perfect for your keys and phone, and one lining zippered pocket for extra organization.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
Handbag: 12″ wide, 9″ tall, 5″ deep
Traveler: 17″ wide, 12.5″ tall, 7″ deep
- 2/3 yard 44″ wide quilting weight exterior fabric (1 1/3 yards for Traveler)
- 1 yard 44″ wide quilting weight lining fabric (1 2/3 yards for Traveler)
- 2 1/2 yards 5/32″ cotton cording (or 1 package of premade piping)
- 1/2 yard foam interfacing (Soft & Stable, automotive headliner) (2/3 yard for Traveler)
- 2 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101) (3 yards for Traveler)
- 1/4 yard fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- 20″ handbag (or #5) zipper (30″ for Traveler)
- 7″ all purpose zipper (9″ for Traveler)
- Four 3/4″ rectangle rings (1″ for Traveler)
- Coordinating thread
- Erasable marking pen
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac)
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.